First of all – who or what is Venn?:
Venn Diagram: n. a diagram that uses circles to represent mathematical or logical sets pictorially inside a rectangle (the universal set); elements that are common to more than one set are represented by intersections of the circles [After John Venn (1834-1923), British logician.]
- In a world with, unfortunately, only 24h of time – we need to create synergies between all parts of our life
- co-founded the on-web AG as a profitable, self-financing firm for internet services with 7 employees in 2000
- “interlectual touch points” are a good start – building intellectual assets which have synergy
- Build overlappings between different areas
- Overlaping moves you from vertical, not connected areas in life, to a more horizontal “world”
- If one set disapears, you can depend on the overlapping intersection on which you can refocus without having to start from the beginning.
As you can see on my example, my worlds have many “touch points” hence I can focus on more things at a time and rely on the “overlapping”:
- CEO: driving the social commerce company in the startup phase & leverage my ecommerce know-how
- Incubator Business: provide startups with ecommerce / marketing / funding experience
- Consulting Business: leverage on the startup scene insights
- Blogging & news reading: using a very complex way to filter many news sources, I try to stay up-to-date in the Internet & mobile scene (important news anyway reachs you by it self), I turn into a “messenger” spreading the news across startups and investors
This results to a very strong and unique “Venn spot” feeded with fund raising know-how, marketing experience, startup scene insights and true innovation.
Work is a large part of our life and should be joyous.